I feel like every baker has a banana blueberry muffin recipe. Bananas and blueberries are just such a classic combination! This particular recipe is no different. No need for anything out of the ordinary; just keeping it classic 🙂
Once upon a time, I bought blueberries attempting to increase my intake of fruit outside of baked goods. Needless to say, they were almost about to go bad, so I had to do use them. Funny enough, I also had some very, very, VERY ripe bananas (I’m seeing a theme here). So what better way to use them up than by making muffins?
Tools you’ll need
- 187 g all-purpose flour
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 144 g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 92 g whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) into the bowl. Mix only until the flour is fully incorporated. Don't overmix! Otherwise, the gluten will make your muffins tough.
- Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins. Fill each one to the top. Feel free to also top them with more chopped walnuts, or even chopped bananas if you have extra.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. You can always check doneness with a toothpick.
- Let muffins cool for about 10 minutes and remove from the tins. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
How did it go? Tag me on Instagram at @hungrylittleasiangirl.
// ON THE SCENE
- Back backdrop: Replica Surfaces — Shiplap
- Bottom backdrop: Replica Surfaces — Glossy White
- Props: tea towel, walnuts, cooling rack