Looking for an easy chicken recipe? Look no further! This lemon butter chicken will no doubt be part of your regular dinner rotation.
This dish is so easy to make. If you like chicken or lemon or butter or garlic, this recipe is for you! I like to pair this with rice to sop up all that delicious lemony, garlicky, buttery sauce.
- 2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika per chicken piece
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme per chicken piece
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups of spinach
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 large lemon
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat dry your chicken thighs with paper towels. This is to ensure that you can get that crispy skin. Season the chicken with smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and dried thyme. About 1 tsp for paprika and thyme to cover both sides per chicken piece should be good. For salt and pepper, I pretty much eyeball that. If it feels like there's good coverage on both sides of the chicken, then you're good.
- Add 2 tbsp of your butter to an oven-safe pan* and let it melt on medium-high heat. Add your chicken thighs skin-side down in batches. You don't want to overcrowd your pan. Cook until skin is crispy, then flip over and sear the other side until golden brown. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in the same pan. Sauté your minced garlic until slightly golden brown. Be careful to not let your garlic burn. You can avoid burning by stirring your garlic as it cooks in the butter.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, spinach, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer.
- Put the chicken back in and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.**
- Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley if you feel like being extra.
*If you don't have an oven-safe pan, you can transfer the lemon butter chicken to a Pyrex casserole or baking dish prior to baking it in the oven.
**To ensure that the chicken is cooked all the way through, check that the internal temperature of the meat is at 165 degrees.
Did You Make This Recipe?
How did it go? Tag me on Instagram at @hungrylittleasiangirl.
// ON THE SCENE
- Bottom backdrop: Replica Surfaces — Cement
- Props: tea towel, wooden spoon
[…] received a lot of good feedback on my lemon butter chicken recipe, so I thought I’d use similar elements for a slightly heartier chicken dish. You […]