I’m a big fan of easy chicken recipes. You can ask my husband, we never not have chicken in our freezer. A versatile protein, chicken is such an easy vehicle for comforting, no-fuss recipes, and this one is no different. With a balance of sweet and savory, this will surely be a staple meal in your home!
- 1.5 lbs. (or about 7-8) chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced / chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup thawed frozen mixed veggies (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy cause, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small bowl and mix until everything is incorporated. This will serve as the marinade.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a big Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade in the bag and make sure every drumstick gets that marinade lovin'. Put in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Put a cooling rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet. Place your drumsticks on top of the cooling rack, and set the marinade aside. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is at 165 degrees. Don't be concerned if you see some black spots in the chicken--it's not burnt, just the brown sugar caramelized.
- While the chicken is baking, pour the marinade to a small pan on a stove and let it reduce slightly. When the sauce has slightly thickened, add the chicken broth. Reduce a bit more until it reaches a glaze consistency. You should still have enough sauce there to coat you drumsticks in.
- Add your cooked chicken drumsticks in the pan and your thawed frozen mixed veggies (if you opted for these) and coat everything in the sauce. Top with chopped parsley if you'd like! Pair with rice 🙂
// ON THE SCENE
- Bottom backdrop: Replica Surfaces — Toasted Marble
- Props: pan, tongs