There are some nights when I’m too tired to make anything fancy or elaborate for dinner, but I always have a few things on hand I can rely on so I can still quickly make something delicious. Quesadillas are a great way to have a quick, no-fuss meal. Why do I call this cheat? I used pre-cooked and pre-shredded chicken breast! Definite timesaver!
- 2 cups of pre-cooked, pre-shredded chicken (1/2 cup for each tortilla)
- 2 tbsp Siete Spicy Taco Seasoning
- 4 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 cups of spinach
- sour cream
- Mix the taco seasoning with about 1/4 cup of water. I use the Siete Spicy Taco Seasoning, but you can use whatever brand your prefer.
- Put the chicken in a small pan and add the taco seasoning mixture to it. Cook only until the water from the seasoning has reduced since the chicken is already cooked. Set aside.
- Wipe the same pan clean. Then, heat up a flour tortilla on medium heat. Add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of it.
- Once the bottom layer of cheese is slightly melted, add about 1/2 cup of the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of spinach. Top with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Keep on the pan until the top layer of cheese is slightly melted, then top with another tortilla. Flip the assembled quesadilla to warm up the tortilla you just added.
- Repeat steps #3-5. Serve with sour cream, avocado, salsa, and whatever else you want!
// ON THE SCENE
- Props: galvanized dish, avocado, sour cream, salsa